The valve replacement surgery ceases to be a procedure where you damaged or deceased valve is being replaced with a healthy one. When you opt for this surgery there are some major types of valves that are being used
- Mechanical valves- this goes on to serve the patient for a considerable period of time. They have been tested and it has been proved that they go on to serve the patient for a considerable period of time. Only you would need a single surgery, but the chances of blood clots does increase all the more at this point of time. If you are opting for this valve you would need to be under the dose of drugs for the rest of your life. What it does is that the patient would be more prone to bleeding at the same time
- Tissue valves- these are incorporated from the animal tissues. They are further treated to prevent any form of rejection. You can opt for a substitute at this point of time as homograft would be a welcome choice. They are generally available for donation once a person is no more. With this procedure you go on to replace the pulmonary valve of the patient.
- Homograft- this is available from a donated person. This works all the more wonders when it is the case of pregnant woman or kids. The only drawback is the availability of it is dependent on the donors. So it is always short in supply
To perform the surgery a series of steps are put in order
- You will be asked to lay down on an operating table
- A general check-up will be undertaken and this would include any breathing issues you are facing. Then a breathing tube will make its way through the lungs from your throat. In the meantime you will be connected to a ventilator that keeps the breathing process on during the surgery
- To drain out the urine a catheter will be inserted as well
- Then the area where the incision will be made is cut
- Once you need to perform the surgery the heart will be stopped for aa few seconds. This does require a lot of precision and only the best hands in the field should perform this surgery.
Once the surgery is over the patient happens to be in the ICU unit for 2 to 3 days. The main reason for keeping them is there would no form of infection develops at the site. Before you plan any dental procedures you would need to take medicines. Sometimes a host of other medicines are being prevented so that blood clots are avoided as well.
To conclude valve replacement cost in India happens to be the lowest in the world. This is when you compare it to the advanced countries of the world. This is not compromising on the quality and coupled with the fact that there are no waiting lists in most of the top hospitals of the country.