Women who desire to get pregnant or face health issues may require to visit medical specialists who are experts in practicing Gynecology & Obstetrics. But before visiting one, it will be necessary to know more details about the services offered by the practitioners and how when contacted upon the right time, they can act as a life savior. It will be wise to check out the top 10 gynecologists in India to get the best treatment available and enjoy pregnancy or solve issues facing with the woman’s reproductive system
What is Ob-Gyn?
it means obstetrics & gynecology. The former is known to deal with childbirth and reproduction, while gynecology is focused on vagina health. When combined together, the physician who is an expert in this particular field is skilled enough to provide treatment to various types of pathology to deal with the reproductive organs in women.
To become a specialist in the domain, the physicians practicing OB-Gyn are required to undergo significant training. They are to avail 4 year undergraduate degree course including additional 4 year degree at a reputed medical school. Once done, they are to undergo another 4 years of residency for training themselves in their specific field of expertise. This type of training is referred to as fellowship, with 4 recognized subspecialties being present. It includes urogynecology, gynecological oncology, reproductive endocrinology and maternal-fetal medicine.
Most physicians prefer to work within the office setting or perhaps like to open up their very own private clinic to practice on completion of their residency program. Otherwise, these specialists can choose to work in a private or public clinic, while others prefer hospital setting environment. Usually, the duty hours of such doctors are long and they are more committed to offering top and accurate quality medical care to all their patients. They are also well adept to treat patients in case, of any emergency.
Besides their sub-specialties, the physicians practicing gynecology and obstetrics are likely to narrow down their professional focus to just about couple of areas or on any one. Such areas may include teenage gynecology, acute medical conditions, infertility, cancer, behavioral problems, etc. With time, the medical community in the country is witnessing emergence of more qualified doctors in this particular field who are eager to do their bit to contribute towards the society and help women of all ages to lead a happy, satisfied life.
What is Gynecology and Obstetrics all about?
It is considered to be a specialty which offers therapy to women of all ages. Gynecology is focused on providing proper and timely pregnancy care, before and after childbirth. Both expertises are combined together as it involves caring of females. Few specialties offered include providing care to expectant mothers, proper prenatal care, managing obstetric high risk pregnancy, endocrinology, libido, hormones and much more.
Obstetrics and gynecology practitioners are termed as OB-GYN. Although most of the specialists are female, there are also few male physicians who deal with women’s sensitive subjects. Whether to choose a female or male doctor to avail the treatment is entirely up to the decision of the person and her family.
The OB-GYN doctor may prefer to specialize in the given below area:
- Gynecology and obstetrics
- Chronic and acute disease
- Adolescents’ behavioral issues
- Maintain wellness throughout pregnancy
- Urinary tract disorders
- Preventative wellness
- Operative Obstetrics & Gynecology Sterility pregnancy & Childbirth
- Maternal / Fetal medication
- Require better understanding of medical issues, obstetrics and provide better healthcare to fetus and mother. Be an expert in the existing therapies offered and analysis technique conducted, adaptation and neonatal.
- Focus on providing proper assessment and proper care to patients suffering from issues throughout the different stages of pregnancy.
Obstetrics & Gynecology Oncology
- Need better knowledge on therapies of vital cancers, its related issues and analysis techniques.
- Evaluation and comprehensive therapy of patients suffering from gynecological cancer.
Endocrinology of Infertility & Reproduction
- Need details on therapy and diagnosing of infertility and hormonal issues.
- Reproduction endocrinology & infertility to deal with complex issues associated with the same.
Consulting the best gynecologist in India that has proper qualification, practice, experience and knowledge of the issues can help the person to enjoy a better life.