Whenever people want to buy the duvet most of them just go and grab the best duvet they will see on the shelves and take it home. Actually, you should know that it is not the right way to buy the duvet. Infect you should prefer to do a little research in this regard. Basically, there are lots of different types of duvet available in the market so if you want to get the best quality duvet, then you should prefer to know about your requirements. Keep in mind that it is very important that you know which type of duvet you want to purchase and for which purpose you want to use it. Here are some instructions that you can apply while choosing the best duvet for you.
1. Prefer to Know About the Duvet Tog Rating:
The first thing that you should decide while you will be buying the duvets is about its tog rating. Keep in mind that for every season there will be a separate tog rating that you might have to consider while buying the duvet. So if you are buying the summer duvet then make sure that buy duvet that will have its tog rating between 2.5 tog to 4.5 tog. Other than that, if you will be buying the duvet for winter season then you should prefer to buy the one that will have 10.5 tog to 15 tog duvet double. And duvets meant for spring or autumn season will have the 7 tog rating to 10.5 tog rating. So decide about the tog rating that you want to have before making a purchase.
2. Consider the Tips While Buying Duvets for Children:
The next thing that you should know that if you are buying a duvet for kids then prefer to buy the one that will be lighter in weight and have an almost 4.5 tog rating. Until and unless your kid sleeps in a very cold room. The reason behind this is kids are smaller in size that’s why their duvet will trap more air quickly that will make them feel warmer as compared to adults. But if your kid sleeps at the full size bed, then you should prefer to buy a full size duvet, but for cots and cot-beds you will easily find smaller duvets.
3. Choosing the Duvet According to The Size of Your Bed:
The next thing that you should prefer to know while choosing the duvet is its right size. Keep in mind that there are different sizes present in duvets. And the size of the duvet obviously depends upon the size of your bed. That’s why make sure that you buy duvets according to the size of your bed. Here we are mentioning different sizes of duvets according to different bed sizes:
- So if you are buying the duvet for Cot bed then it will consist of size 120cm by 150cm.
- Next if you are buying the duvet for single bed then it will have a size of 135cm by 200cm.
- Other than that people who are buying the duvet for double bed then it will have a size of 200cm by 200cm.
- Other than that if you are buying the duvet for king bed then it will have a size of 230cm by 220cm.
- Next if you are buying the duvet for super king bed then it will have a size of 260cm by 220cm.
- So if you are buying the duvet for emperor bed then it will have size of 290cm by 235cm.