The different mail clients use different file formats to store informative. So, migrating from one mail client to another is not an easy task for users. So in this post, you will find the complete explanation on how to migrate emails, contacts, and calendars from Windows Live Mail to Microsoft Outlook file format.
The Windows Live Mail stores entire data into the .eml file format and all versions of Microsoft Outlook store complete data into the .pst file format. So, If you want to migrate from windows live mail to outlook then first you have to convert eml files data into pst file format. Let’s first Explain the method to convert windows live mail data into pst format.
Methods to Migrate Emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
There is both the manual and automatic method (using third party software) available. You can opt anyone.
1. Manual Method to Migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
2. The automatic solution to Migrate Emails, Contacts, and Calendars from Windows Live Mail to Outlook.
Manual Method to Migrate Emails from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
The manual solution is free of cost and most of the users are in habit to use. The manual method is different for different Outlook Version (2016, 2013, 2010, 2007 and below). Follow the steps listed below to complete the task:
- Open Windows Live Mail on your System
- Open Microsoft Outlook on your System
- From Windows Live Mail hit on File then select Export and select Email Messages
- Now select Microsoft Exchange and hit on Next button
- Now a popup message will appear “all email will be exported to Microsoft Outlook or Microsoft Exchange”. Simply click on OK button
6. Wait till the export process get completed
7. After completing a dialogue box will appear simply hit on Finish button.
Note: – The manual solution requires both the emails clients installed on your system. Also, it can result in distorted SMTP Headers, broken info-graphics etc. Also, it can take a long time or unable to export the large file size. So, it is recommended to try the optimal solution for safe and secure migration.
Automatic Solution to Migrate from Windows Live Mail to Outlook
If you want to make Outlook your default mail client instead of Window Live Mail. And looking for how to migrate wlm mailbox to Outlook. Then you need a trusted and secure Windows Live Mail to Outlook PST Converter. So that you can easily export emails, contacts, calendars, notes, journals, to-do list etc. You can download and install the utility on any version of Windows OS. The utility ensures users for complete data migration without any hassle. It also overcomes the cons of manual solutions and avoids the possibility of data loss. The tool also enables users to convert complete data into PST, EML and MSG file format. The tool is designed in simple GUI so a non-technical user can also use this software. You need to just perform the few steps as listed below:
- Download Windows Live Mail Converter
- Install on your Windows OS Machine
- Browse Windows Live Mail files using software panel
- Preview Entire Data into Preview Panel
- Select resultant file format as PST
- Import the resultant pst file in any version of Outlook
After reading the complete article you can easily migrate emails, contacts, calendars from Windows Live Mail to Outlook easily. I hope the effort will help you to complete your task. You can try any one method stated above according to your convenient. Both the methods have their own pros and cons.