There are so many ways to re-use old and worn out towels in the home. People use old towels as rags or dusting cloths for cleaning automobile. Start by making some alterations in your old towel or stitch the tattered edges and make it look appealing once again. Moreover, there are so many other ways to re-use old, worn out towels in the home.
You don’t need to worry about tattered edges of old towels, once you will secure the edges of the towel with a stitch or a tape, then you won’t have to worry about threads. Here we are discussing about simple steps to fix a frayed towel easily:
Repairing Torn Towels
There are different ways to re-use the old luxury towels on sale, but for this you have to stitch the edges first. It’s the easiest way to make the old towels look new and attractive once again. Here are some guidelines that you have to follow while repairing the torn towels.
Stitch The Edges
- Best way to re-use the tattered towels is to stitch its edges. Start by trimming the edges of the old towels and while doing so you can use a sharp pair of scissors.
- Now after that you have to fold the edges of tattered towels. Make sure you fold it ¼ inch of thickness and then simply start sewing them. Moreover, you can also give it a decorative touch by sewing it in a zigzag stitching pattern. That will make it look more appealing and attractive.
- At the end make sure you secure the threads of your tattered towels otherwise the threads will come out from the edges.
- Another way to repair the tattered towels is to use bias tape. All you have to do is to enclose the edges of the tattered towels by using bias tape.
- To get the perfect results you have to start by measuring the length and breadth of your tattered towel.
- After that now you have to simply cut bias tape and match it with the measurements that you have taken in the previous step.
- Keep in mind that you have to put the narrower side of bias tape over the upper side of the towel.
- After that now simply start sewing it onto the towel.
- Make sure you sew all the tattered edges carefully along with the bias tape. That will help you to give a refreshing look and appeal to your old and tattered towel. And enable you to re-use it according to your choice.
- Another way you can opt to re-use the tattered towels is to trim the edges by using a rotary cutter.
- After that you have to fold the edges up to ½ inch including the trimmed edges of your old towel.
- After that now you have to simply stitch the folded edges of the towel by using a sewing machine.
- Other than that, you can simply cut down the towel into small pieces that will be used as rags for polishing the furniture or washing the car.