Transactional SMS is a type of SMS that is used for purely sending transaction SMSs to the users. These are the messages that are important for the receivers. These are also known as service messages. The content of these text messages includes the details the client needs to know and it is not used for promotional or marketing purposes. For example, the messages you receive from your bank about the account balance, an SMS sent to the clients about the bill amount, and the SMSs alike are transactional SMS.
One plus point the transactional SMSs have s that it can be sent to the DND numbers as well because these contain important information for the users. These are sent to such numbers with a particular sender ID of 6 alphabetical formats. The SMS generator has to go through some legal formalities to avail this plus point.
Mentioned below are a few features of transactional SMS services:
- These types of messages can be sent on DND numbers.
- You can check the SMS delivery report for each message you sent.
- Unlike promotional SMSs, these can be sent anytime.
- Companies can send SMS with customized information like balance dues etc.
- You will not be charged to integrate SMS API in your software but you will have to pay for credits.
- These can be sent in any of the languages to the customers.
Now when we know what exactly transactional SMSs are and what are its features, let us know which industries can use this service:
- E-Commerce: The e-commerce firms can use transactional SMS to update their clients about their orders, product launches, discounts, promotions, and other information.
- Financial Institutions: All the financial institutions inform their customers about the account balance and other related information via transactional texts.
- Food and Hospitality: This sector uses this type of SMS to invite people at their events, and update guests with travel deals, flight delays, visa information, etc.
- Educational Institutions: Educational institutes utilize this service to update parents and students timely about important events.
- Real Estate: To send SMS alerts for the registration details and project development, this service is availed in this sector. It is also used to tell customers about property related prices and listings.
- Healthcare: It is useful for the healthcare sector to remind the patients about their appointments, preventive check-ups, pending mediclaims, vaccination alerts, etc.
- Logistics: It helps logistics firms to safely connect the supply chain by giving information to drivers, delivery people, and customers.
- Automobile: Its usage in the automobile industry improves the customer experience by keeping them updated with scheduled services, upcoming launches, and payment reminders.
If you too are planning to set-up a business in the above-mentioned sectors, go for the best transactional SMS service in India for your customer experience. According to your budget, you can also search well for transactional SMS pricein India before approaching any of the best providers in the country.