Generally, people do not bother what any professional uses; no one asks for the inside look of a toolbox. Everyone ask of there problem like unclog a drain or any leakage, no one care who to fix it and what tools required in this. But if you are the one interested in doing your work on your own, then this information is for you. So, now water spews all over the kitchen and you have hot water just beside you then you only need to have few tools, and you are your problem solver. Some are known, and some could be new:
- Channel locks: this is the second name for groove pliers and tongue. All the plumbers, channel locks are used in large parts which have taken the place of pipe wrenches. Most of the plumber use two channel locks both at the same time. One that stabilizes the pipe and other to unscrew it.
- Basin wrench: this is a self-tightening wrench and used to replace or replace old faucets. Some of the professional grade models come with a telescopic shank that holds an upright position for some accuracy.
- Pipe wrench: one of the iconic tools for plumbers, and much older tool. The end pipe wrench is used on pipes which are closer to the walls. A compound leverage pipe is specially developed for sized joints and for offset pipe, which is an excellent asset for tight spaces and some odd angles. There are lots of different pipe wrenches for various applications, and there are many other wrenches like, types of adjustable wrenches which are highly used by plumbers as it fits any size of the pipe.
- Hole saw: as the name suggests, hole saw it used to create a hole in wood, masonry or even concrete. It is used to fit pipes anywhere.
- Hose cutter: its primary role is to cut the copper tubing into different shapes and sizes to make it perfect for various requirements.
- Rib-joint pliers: this is something which is a flexible tool specially designed for turning bolts, nuts, pipes, and fittings. This also works as a great gripper.
- Drain augers or snakes: when plunger unable to do any job, then there is a time to unveil auger. It consists of a coiled up metal cable attached with a crank which rotates and also pushes the wire at the same time.
- Metal file: used for smooth the rough edges after cutting the metal pieces.
- Fire-resistant cloth: safety is the primary concern of every incident, when we are working at home this is the primary concern. Using fire-resistance cloths.
- Hand vices: it is a tool which is used to hold objects safely, while they are worked on. This could be used to hold larger objects as it has jaws. Jaws have a grip which is stronger enough that can exert considerable pressure.
Plumbing is the part of professional and housed=hold both the groups, and these are few essential tools. There are many other devices which could be used to make the work easier.